Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Grilled Cauliflower Steaks

First up in the Cauliflower Adventure was a rather unique twist to the vegetable. In my search for cauliflower recipes, I came across the blog Eighty Twenty and specifically, this post.

I was intrigued and decided to try this vegetarian alternative to steaks. Now don't get me wrong... I am the furthest thing from a vegetarian (as evidenced by the whole reason for this blog!) But who knows?! Maybe this could be a nice compliment to a great steak.


Finished product!

Simple ingredients

Slice head of cauliflower into "steaks"
and coat with ingredients above

Put directly on medium heat grill
and cook on both sides for 5-7 minutes
As you can see I made a couple of changes as I completely forgot about the Parmesan cheese. Oops! Another thing I'd do differently is to not skimp on the ingredients. I didn't want to have all the oil and balsamic vinegar drip everywhere, but in hindsight, I should have just let it drip! We needed to pour more ingredients on after as it was pretty bland. I think if I had been more generous it would have been better. But this was pretty easy and I'd like to try it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly