Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus

I've been "iffy" about Asparagus so far. It's been ok, but frankly has tasted the same and it's very vegetable-y flavored. Anyone else feel like things taste "vegetable-y"? I know it's obvious, but I think non-vegetable lovers can relate. Well this recipe changed Asparagus for me. Our friend Erica showed me this recipe from allrecipes.com. It was super easy and delicious! Oh was it good. I only made three "packets" and Trevor ended up eating two before I even had a chance to say "we're splitting the third!" Mental note: make more next time!

Finished product... yummy!

Starting ingredients, asparagus washed and trimmed

Spread one piece of prosciutto with cream cheese.
I used whipped so it would be easier to spread.
I think a flavored one would be fun to try.
I sprinkled a little garlic powder on too... garlic never hurts!

Roll up and place on greased pan.
A reviewer had suggested spraying the tops of the
spears too so they wouldn't burn.
Bake at 450 for about 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly