Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Genie, wake up and smell the hummus!

Can anyone name the movie? Think Disney. Think 1992.

This hummus recipe was emailed to me from my friend Susan. I have been so lucky to have Susan and her husband Mike in my life and they have been huge guiding forces for me. I was really excited to get a recipe from them.


The hummus was great and I look forward to playing around with the basic recipe she sent. She suggested cilantro or roasted peppers and I'll definitely be trying both in the future! Thanks Susan!

Last bean post tomorrow! Thank goodness 2012 is a leap year... one more day of beans!

2 comments:

  1. I love hummus!!! Please share the recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tasha! Thanks for reading.
      From Susan:
      1 can garbanzo beans
      ¼ cup tahini
      4 Tbs. lemon juice
      ½ tsp. salt
      ½ cup cilantro or roasted red peppers (optional)
      2 Tbs. garlic or 2 cloves garlic, crushed
      The only change I would try next time is slightly less lemon juice, but that's just a preference thing! I would definitely try the optional cilantro and if you think of anything else to add in, please let me know! Happy Hummus-ing!

      Delete

Print Friendly