Monday, February 20, 2012

Roasted Garbanzo Beans

Fourth time is sort of the charm.  I'm sure I will be working on these tasty little treats for a long time, but each batch makes it worth it. If you haven't yet done a Google search of Roasted Garbanzo Beans, you really should. I first found them on Pinterest, shocking I know. There are a ton of different tutorials and recipes, all of which seems to vary greatly.

The first time I did it I followed the majority of recipes and put the oil and seasonings on before roasting. Just couldn't get them quite right. I tried again, still nothing. They just came out as very bland, despite the amazing amount of seasons I had put on. The third time I had some luck and put the oil and seasonings on after the roasting. Bam! Tasty treats!

This fourth time is so close to being great that I figured it was time to post. The beauty of these little guys is that you can customize however you want. Each oven will vary and each taste bud is different. So season and roast away!

Roasted Garbanzo Beans
basic recipe compiled from multiple online sources

1 can of Garbanzo Beans (I've used the 50% less sodium ones three times, but the best batch I made was with the full strength sodium)
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drain and rinse beans. Pat dry on paper towels removing excess skin (see photos below). Put beans on small cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast for approximately 45-55 minutes depending on oven and crunchiness desire. In separate bowl mix together other ingredients. Pour roasted beans in to bowl and mix. Enjoy!

Drain and Rinse

Can you see the "skins"? Some posts say you can leave on...
let's be real... they're outta here!

Tried on large cookie sheet and pizza tray, small one worked great!

Yes... I did eat 3/4 of these all by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly