Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cabbage Packets

We didn't cook an entire head of cabbage for St. Patrick's Day so we had some leftover. I decided to try this recipe from Green Lite Bites. For those of you who do not know what happens to a grill when left uncovered in the rainy Portland weather, please don't try it to find out. It's not a pretty site on the inside of our grill at the moment. So like the original poster from Green Lite Bites, I too am without a grill. I thought it was perfect that her recipe is called "Roasted (Wish They Were Grilled) Cabbage". 

Her post is really wonderful and explains the process in depth, so I won't bore you. I did some things differently out of necessity. For example, I used leftover turkey bacon bits in stead of fresh bacon and soy sauce instead of Worcestershire Sauce. I think the cabbage would have been better if I had followed the recipe. I've also seen other recipes in which a whole slice of bacon is wrapped around the cabbage wedge... yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly