Friday, March 30, 2012

Curried Cabbage

This next recipe was given to me by my friend Carol (via EatingWell), so I thought I'd give it a go. It's unlike any other recipe so far in Cabbage month and unlike any recipe I've tried. I'll be honest, it wasn't my favorite dish. However, Trevor LOVED it. This might be the best dinner I've made for him so far... at least according to his reaction.  Apparently I need to incorporate more curry in to our lives!

Curried Cabbage
Thanks Carol!

1 T canola Oil
1.5 t curry powder
1 med onion, thinly sliced
4 C shredded cabbage about 3/4 pound
1.5 t lemon juice
2 T plain yogurt

Heat oil in skillet over med heat. Add curry powder and cook until fragrant, stir in onion and cook until translucent about 3 min. Add cabbage and cook about 5 minutes. Remove from heat add yogurt and lemon.

I served it with pan fried pork chops and oven baked potato slices

Cabbage, Onion and Yogurt concoction ready to go!

Warm oil and curry powder in pain until fragrant

Add in onions and cook until translucent

Add in cabbage and cook for about five minutes

Remove from heat and mix in yogurt concoction

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly